Two guffs by two important Americans I noticed lately:

The first one is an illustration of how much THOMAS H. KEAN’s, Chairman
of 9/11 Commission, mind/language is corrupted by the commercialization
of American culture.  As Kean was being interviewed by Jim Lehrer
(4/8/2004; PBS) regarding Rice’s testimony, Kean referred to 9/11 as 7/11!

The second one is an illustration of a huge misunderstanding of Secretary of State Colin Powell, who testified on FY '05 Budget on 4/08/2004. I watched the entire testimony on CSPAN. He referred to Muqtada As-Sadr as:

“He is a FINITE DEFINEABLE PROBLEM.”

Ahmet

--

I was recently asked whether universities should teach values. My response was that universities, whether implicitly or otherwise, always, always teach values. They teach values in the way they hire and treat employees.

Ruth Simmons
President, Brown University

E. Ahmet Tonak
Simon’s Rock College of Bard