Ubu to Bin Laden:  "Those prison photos have put me in deep doo-doo.
                                I need your help again.  My guys in Iraq have
                                an American Jewish nogoodnik who would make
               a pretty picture."

Bin Laden to Al Zarqawi:  "Our Friend needs image-assistance.  His
                           people have a package ready."

Al Zarqawi to Bin Laden: "Mission accomplished."

Bin Laden to Ubu: "Well we did it, Bushbaby. See you in October."

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all
things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64
I'm struck by the fact that we got to know about a few mysterious
circumstances (see, for instance, Robert H. Reid's AP story
"Questions Surround Young American Shown Decapitated in Video," May
12, 2004) of the last days of Nick Berg only after his death: Nick
Berg being held in US custody for 13 days (which the government now
oddly denies), the FBI's visit to Nick's father Michael Berg, the
Bergs suing the government in federal court on April 5th, Nick being
released on April 6th, the Berg family losing contact with Nick on
April 9th (which is more than a month ago), Nick being "last in
contact with U.S. officials in Baghdad on April 10" (Reid, May 12,
2004). Shouldn't we have heard about Nick Berg's disappearance about
a month ago, rather than just now, when it's too late? There are so
many newsworthy elements here, which the US media failed to
investigate and expose in time to save Berg's life.

The contrast between our lack of knowledge about Nick Berg and
intensive coverage of Japanese, Korean, Italian, Russian, and other
hostages (in their own national media, but also in the international
media) from the beginning to the end (be it death or release) of
their captivity is very striking. . . .

The rest of the posting at
<http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/05/mysterious-death-of-nick-berg.html>.
--