I don't see what we can learn from the anybody but Bush debate.  Kerry is atrocious
-- Bush is a danger to humanity; Kerry may be better on a few issues, such as
abortion.

But we know all that.  Our choice seems to be whether to vote for someone to the
right on Clinton so that things don't get that much worse, while helping the Dems
move further to the right or whether we demand an opposition party, even if it means
more Bush.

I can't imagine that we could come to an agreement here and even if we did, we have
to face the question as to whether elections matter.

I would rather we try to learn from each other rather than rehash old stuff -- unless
we have something very new on the subject -- which I doubt.

I would rather hear from David Barkin on Mexico or from Johathan or Steve about
Mexico or from one of the many people from other parts of the world rather than
rehash Kerry.

 --
Michael Perelman
Economics Department