Less anyone continue to indulge American exceptionalism and claim the U.S.
doesn't have a potential Nazism in it... This gives new force  to the old
observation that anthropology is the handmaiden of imperialism.

Savage is a despicable dog.

I can't even say what I actually think about this Savage.

CB

Louis Proyect:
-clip-

He also made sure to plug his credentials.

"I'm going to give you one further example from my background as an
anthropologist just so that you -- I'm trying to put context on this
because you can go crazy if you don't have the context on this, because
I'm going to lead up to something of what we must do to these
primitives. Because these primitives can only be treated in one way, and
I don't think smallpox and a blanket is good enough incidentally ...
Smallpox in a blanket, which the U.S. Army gave to the Cherokee Indians
on their long march to the West, was nothing compared to what I'd like
to see done to these people."

full:
<http://www.salon.com/opinion/right_hook/2004/05/19/apology/index1.html>