Actually, Chechen radical ideologists such as Nukhayev are explicitly
> anti-modernist and believe that the Chechens should live like their
> ancestors did, live in tribes and herd goats and raid.

This kind of characterization reminds me of James Robertson, leader of
the Spartacist League, describing Albanians as "goat-fuckers".

---
Actually, it reminds me of the time Nukhayev (who used to be a mobster) said that
"Chechens should live like their ancestors did, live in tribes and herd goats and
raid."

This is the same guy who says that God caused the Russian Army to shell Grozny in
order to reduce Chechnya to a completely rural state.