James Devine wrote:
Shane Mage writes:>Under rigorous "neoclassical" analysis it is easily
demonstrated<

of course, rigorous neoclassical analysis is not the same as the
Chicago-school neoclassical analysis embraced by Sowell. For the latter,
"rigorous" refers to "free market."

I don't know about Sowell, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I learned the analytic demonstration I referred to in Gary Becker's "Economic Theory" class at Columbia U Grad School in 1959. Incidentally, all Becker's "teaching" consisted of reading from Milton Friedman's lecture notes--when he came to this point he had to proclaim that it had "no real-world applications!"

Shane