In a message dated 7/21/2004 11:03:21 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>The facts are that the economy is worse off now than before; living standards continue to decline; oil revenues are misappropriated.

This was/is a capitalist assault against the social costs of reproducing an economy that might support something more than starvation and deprivation.

The only rationale, humane, position is the radical and revolutionary position, OUT NOW, and that's just for starters.<

Comment

This thread is needed and heart breaking. Being compelled to ask if the people of Iraq are better off today than they were yesterday . . . is mindboggling. Our government bombed this country for ten years after Desert Storm . . . inflcited horrible destruction upon the people of Iraq . . . murdering their babies . . .  then destroyed their infrastructure to a large degree and one is asked if the new rulers are going to be better than those who created the situation in the first place.

What kind of question is that?

The idea that we are bringing democracy and goodness to the world and people of Iraq is not well thought out and without any merit whatsoever. We are to pretend that this was not plunder on a grand scale? The first targets seized in Iraq were the national museums and banks . . . stealing national artifacts and money in full view of the world.

Then . . .  then . . . one of the primary objectives was targeted (among other geopolitical considerations of the bourgeoisie) . . . making sure that Iraqi oil was taken off the world market to manipulate the price of oil upwards as the bourgeoisie's answer to falling rates of profit!

"Their thugs" . . . are most certainly our thugs or as it is called in the penal institutions of America . . . "turn keys" for the Warden or the bourgeois order headed by our personal bourgeoisie.

"Out Now" is urgent because we could not prevent them from going in . . .  in the first place. If we could have stayed the hand of our bourgeoisie . . . there would be no need to even "discuss" whose bad guys are the worst.

Melvin P.