Charles Brown wrote:

> by Devine, James
> .
>
> The terrorist "theory" is that by blowing things up, the powers
> that be will crack down and alienate the population, so that
> the population will join the insurgent movement. Specifically
> in Iraq, it's supposed to show that the US hasn't brought order
> to the country. The hope is that the people will blame the US
> for the killings.
>
> ^^^^^^
>
> CB: Are none of these killings done by agent provacateurs undercover for the
> U.S. ?

There would be no reason for this. The U.S. authorities know as well as
the patriotic Resistance that in this case terror will be blamed on the
U.S. As it should be. Given so outrageous a flouting of all human
dececency and international law as the Occupation is (_The Occupation_,
not just the invasion), everything that happens in Iraq at the present
time is a U.S. crime, and only a u.s. crime. This is the same principle
as most laws on murder in the u.s. recognize: any death during a felony
(even if not commited by the felons) is first degree murder. There are
and there should be no restraints on the Resistance, any more than there
were on the French Resistance during the German Occupation. If I
remember correctly, the French Resistance killed 5 or 6 French for every
German they killed. Quite reasonable under such circumstances.

No one has the _political_ right to condemn anything the Iraq resistance
does. (I'm not interested in personal morality.)

Carrol