On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM, michael perelman
<[email protected]> wrote:
> The school invited me to give the annual lecture on December 8.  I'm trying
> to copyedit _The Invisible Handcuffs_, finish two articles before a December
> 1 deadline, and grade papers before school starts next week.
>
> My idea is to show how ideas evolve with my books, paralleled with both the
> course of the economy and the course of higher education, particularly in
> California. I don't have much data on education yet.



Hi Michael,
I just had a chance to read this. A very interesting survey of your
own formidable 'oeuvre.

Just a couple of thoughts:
 - In at least a couple of instances, you classify university
administrators as superfluous labor. I hope they will not be part of
your audience! Or they may not appreciate being classed together with
investment bankers!

 - I thought one of the overall themes of your work was what you refer
to as the Goldilocks Principle as in a certain amount of competition
is healthy in keeping businesses honest, but too much will drive them
into bankruptcy etc. Perhaps you may wish to elaborate on this some
more because there are many other instances of a similar principle
that you hint at e.g. intellectual property, free trade etc.


There are also several typos, but I assume that's not relevant for a
draft for a talk. If you still want a list of these, let me know.
-raghu.


-- 
Did you hear about the dyslexic Satanist? He sold his soul to Santa.
_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l

Reply via email to