at 9:36 AM, Louis Proyect <[email protected]> wrote:
> Lance Murdoch wrote:
>> Outside the
>> auditorium, the two Marxists were now shouting at the top of their
>> lungs.
>>
>> “Stalinist pig!”
>> “Reformist bitch!”
>>
>> Or just plain crazy.'
>>
>> -- Barack Obama, Dreams from my Father
>
> Or just plain bullshit. After having been in these types of
> situations for the better part of 40 years, I have never heard
> this sort of exchange once.


I have.  Though the 'bitch' part does seem dubious.

The underlying truth remains -- sectarian groups were ubiquitous at
left gatherings, and their rhetoric often devolved to the level
depicted above.

Whether you think those groups dominated the left or vice versa -- I
would say the latter -- affected your reaction.  We know what Obama's
reaction was.
_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l

Reply via email to