somehow, I got on a Tea Party e-mailing list. Of course, now it goes
straight to my spam file, along with come-ons from Barack Obama and
his legions. But looking through my spam, I noticed an interesting
phenomenon. More and more, the TP has been taken over by ads for snake
oil. "Tropical Botox," etc. Are they going to be selling medicinal
"tea" with THC in it next?

It reminds me of the time I visited a hot spring in West Virginia when
I was young. There were all sorts of people paying for water (so they
could avoid fluoride and rot their teeth more quickly) and all sorts
of right-wing and bogus medicine sales pitches. Nowadays, this crap
has gone national...

-- 
Jim Devine / "In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to
be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But
in poetry, it's the exact opposite." -- Paul Dirac
_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l

Reply via email to