o-----------ooO--(- Important  Message -)--Ooo------------o
| SAVE BANDWITH, SPACE, TIME & MONEY, REPLY WITH PRUDENCE.|
o----=[ Penguin @ My - Linux ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ]=----o

Hello

I've been using linux for quite a while, but my pc fell ill lately and I
decided to take off my old copy of linux and put in RedHat 6.1
I had everything working fine before, but now I find that my sound
doesn't work, and I have to access my modem SUID root which sucks.
I have an SB Live! Platinum. I've already recompiled the kernel to
support modules and sound (with all the other stuff I want)
compiled the driver (emu10k1.o) again, copied it over to
/lib/modules/2.2.14/ and removed all references to other soundcards in
/etc/conf.modules and /lib/modules/2.2.14/modules.dep and I've added in
emu10k1.o
soundcore.o is also present.
When i rund modprobe, it says it works, but no sound comes out the
speakers. When I start up, it says the soudncard has been recognized.
When I try "cat" on a soudnfile into /dev/audio it spews up some garbage
kinda noise but besides that it doesn't work at all. mixer settings seem
to be okay.

any ideas?

oh yeah. and I've already put my normal user in the ppp group and all
other neccessary groups for normal running in /etc/group

One last thing. Does anyone remember what the line for a UK keyboard is
in XF86Config? I can't seem to get the right one. I've tried "uk" but it
doesn't work...

thanks
YINSERN

-