On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, William Yardley wrote:

WY>Personally, I like Mailman just fine, and it works well for all of the
WY>things I've needed to use it for.

Aside from Yahoogroups (they seem to have a personal grudge against me;
most people don't have the same freaky issues that my account seems to),
most of them work fine... as mailing lists.

The problem comes when you try to maintain a community that includes a lot
of nontechnical people, who are bizarrely attached to web forums.  You end
up with a split community, because sooner or later someone pops up and
says "I just set up a webforum!  Let's go!" and they do. And then you get
a few people trying to bridge the worlds, who end up with "We just
discussed this... oh, wait, that was in the mailing list. Let me try to
find it for you in the archives," or "... oh wait, that was in the forum.
Let me try to... oh, that thread expired, it's gone forever."  (Karen's
webforum pet peeve #437)

So, uh, anyway.  Where were we?  Oh yeah.  How 'bout that Email::Store?
(Email::Archive?)