! Email:: directly but the third step in my quest.

I've read (most of) the IMAP RFCs and searched and looked at many of the CPAN modules that deal with IMAP but I'm having no success finding what I'm looking for. I'm probably using the wrong terminology.

Is is possible to have an IMAP client modify or add a header to a message on the server?

This is part of a reporting system and once a message has been reported I don't want it to be reported again.

Currently I have direct access to the files on the (MS Windows) mail server and use Mail::Box and friends but appear to be running into into share or network issues. I'd like to make this reporting a little more generic and IMAP access seems like the way to go. May not help network issues but it should future proof if the email software vendor decides to change their file format.

So I'll start here as I've been using several Email modules to test IMAP access to collect and report messages.

Is the something in the IMAP protocol to modify message headers? Is it accessible via any of the Email modules?

Thanks,
Rod