Macron calls for creation of a ‘true European army’

Emmanuel Macron calls for creation of a ‘true European army’ to defend the continent from both Russia and the US
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/11/06/emmanuel-macron-calls-creation-real-european-army/

Emmanuel Macron calls for creation of a 'real European army'

JANEK SKARZYNSKI/AFP
 Henry Samuel, paris  James Crisp, brussels
6 NOVEMBER 2018 • 6:00PM

President Emmanuel Macron of France has called for a "real European army" to defend the continent against Russia, China, and even America.

Mr Macron, who has pushed for a joint EU military force since his election last year, issued the call while on a tour of northern France in the run-up to the centenary of the end of the First World War.

"We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army," Mr Macron said in the interview at Verdun, the scene of France’s most bloody battle.

His call came as he is due to welcome Donald Trump, the US president, and other world leaders, including Theresa May and Russia’s Vladimir Putin to France to commemorate the Armistice centenary this weekend.

The French president said the continent could no longer rely on protection from America, citing the recent decision of Mr Trump to withdraw from a Cold War-era nuclear treaty, and even suggesting its old ally posed a potential threat.

"We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America," Mr Macron told Europe 1 in his first radio interview since taking power.

"When I see President Trump announcing that he's quitting a major disarmament treaty which was formed after the 1980s euro-missile crisis that hit Europe, who is the main victim? Europe and its security," he said.

Macron called for a "real European army" to defend the continent against China, Russia and the US
Faced with "a Russia which is at our borders and has shown that it can be a threat”, Mr Macron added: "We need a Europe which defends itself better alone, without just depending on the United States, in a more sovereign manner.”

His call followed previous threats from Mr Trump could not bank on America protecting them if they failed to meet their annual defence spending commitments to Nato.

This prompted Mr Macron to declare last month: "Europe can no longer rely solely on the United States for its security.”

While he enjoys good working relations with Mr Trump, Mr Macron has called his "America First" isolationism “worrying”.

Last month, he laid into the US president’s policies on Iran, Arab-Israeli peace, climate change and migration in a speech to the UN General Assembly in New York.

In an apparent swipe at Mr Trump, Mr Macron said: “Nationalism always leads to defeat.

"If courage is lacking in the defence of fundamental principles, international order becomes fragile and this can lead as we have already seen twice, to global war."

The EU launched a defence pact called the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) last year. The pact will have the backing of a new multi-billion euro defence fund to develop Europe’s military capacities and make the continent more strategically independent.

The European Commission on Tuesday boasted that it had done more than any previous EU executive to boost defence cooperation, pointing to its activation of long-dormant clauses in EU treaties to allow countries to pool defence research funding.

Its chief spokesperson said: “'If there's a commission that has put forward the need for a meaningful defence identity for the EU it's this commission. This is the commission that has woken up the Sleeping Beauty of the treaty of Lisbon.

“I don't think this defence identity will start with an EU army and we'll do the rest. We have to start with the rest and at some point we may see something that people describe as an EU army.”

Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the commission, is in favour of boosting EU defence, saying in 2015: “You would not create a European army to use it immediately. But a common army among the Europeans would convey to Russia that we are serious about defending the values of the European Union.”

Britain is keen on forging a security treaty with the EU that would continue to grant it access to continental databases, weapons contracts and intelligence sharing after Brexit.

But it has always argued against the idea of a European army as a competitor to Nato.

In September, Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach, the former UK Chief of the Defence Staff and new chairman of Nato's military committee, warned against the idea, saying: “Why would you duplicate? The answer, of course, we believe, is you wouldn’t want to duplicate.”

Britain and France, both nuclear-armed, are by far Europe’s two biggest military powers, and in 2010 set up a Combined Joint Expeditionary Force to cement long-standing ties in defence.

Defence analysts expressed scepticism over the concept of a European army any time soon.

Bruno Alomar, professor at the School of War in Paris, said the idea of creating a "common strategic culture" was interesting.

"But there exists a fantastic gap between European defence dreams of Emmanuel Macron and the reality of very powerful disagreements between European partners on defence issues," he told AFP. NB please do reply with remove as the subject or first line if you do not wish to recieve further emails - thanks

'From South America, where payment must be made with subtlety, the Bormann organization has made a substantial contribution. It has drawn many of the brightest Jewish businessmen into a participatory role in the development of many of its corporations, and many of these Jews share their prosperity most generously with Israel. If their proposals are sound, they are even provided with a specially dispensed venture capital fund. I spoke with one Jewish businessmen in Hartford, Connecticut. He had arrived there quite unknown several years before our conversation, but with Bormann money as his leverage. Today he is more than a millionaire, a quiet leader in the community with a certain share of his profits earmarked as always for his venture capital benefactors. This has taken place in many other instances across America and demonstrates how Bormann’s people operate in the contemporary commercial world, in contrast to the fanciful nonsense with which Nazis are described in so much “literature.”

So much emphasis is placed on select Jewish participation in Bormann companies that when Adolf Eichmann was seized and taken to Tel Aviv to stand trial, it produced a shock wave in the Jewish and German communities of Buenos Aires. Jewish leaders informed the Israeli authorities in no uncertain terms that this must never happen again because a repetition would permanently rupture relations with the Germans of Latin America, as well as with the Bormann organization, and cut off the flow of Jewish money to Israel. It never happened again, and the pursuit of Bormann quieted down at the request of these Jewish leaders. He is residing in an Argentinian safe haven, protected by the most efficient German infrastructure in history as well as by all those whose prosperity depends on his well-being.' <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspitfirelist.com%2Fbooks%2Fmartin-bormann-nazi-in-exile%2F&h=eAQErj17O>http<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspitfirelist.com%2Fbooks%2Fmartin-bormann-nazi-in-exile%2F&h=eAQErj17O>://spitfirelist.com/books/martin-bormann-nazi-in-exile/

http://www.thisweek.org.uk
http://www.911forum.org.uk
http://www.bilderberg.org
http://www.tlio.org.uk

You can donate to support Tony's work here http://www.bilderberg.org/bcfm.htm

TG mobile +44 7786 952037
--
Please consider seriously the reason why these elite institutions are not discussed in the mainstream press despite the immense financial and political power they wield? There are sick and evil occultists running the Western World. They are power mad lunatics like something from a kids cartoon with their fingers on the nuclear button! Armageddon is closer than you thought. Only God can save our souls from their clutches, at least that's my considered opinion - Tony

"PEPIS" group. Please feel free to forward it to anyone who might be interested
particularly your political representatives, journalists and spiritual leaders/dudes.

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PEPIS" group.
to pepis+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.