> After training the neural network, assuming that I am using the same
training data every time (in
> the same order), are the results deterministic across operating systems,
CPUs, Perl versions, etc?
>  From reading through the code, I don't see anything that would cause
problems here, but I'm not
> sure.

Training neural networks is not generally deterministic, but not for the
reasons you mention.  Neural networks are trained on data, but start with a
random initializations.  This random initialization can lead to different
trained networks even when two networks are trained with the same data on
the same machine.

A test suite should be robust enough to handle the variations in trained
nets (linear functions may be more repeatable, and adequate for architecture
and basic testing purposes).

DanVK