From: Steffen Schwigon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:02 AM
To: perl-ai@perl.org
Subject: Yaswi question

Hi!

I'm about to intermix a Perl web application with SWI-Prolog.
Currently Language::Prolog::Yaswi seems to be useful.

The prolog part ought to solve only one particular problem,
everything else is a mod_perl driven web app.

Now I'm not sure about its performance. I expect about 1 to 3 requests
per second at peak times and I don't know yet how long my prolog
programm will take.

Does Language::Prolog::Yaswi start a new "pl" process for every query?
The README talks about threads, so maybe it already does something
clever about this.

Or is there another recommended way to set up kind of an "swi prolog
application server" (a process that always runs and answers queries,
eg. via .*-RPC), that's accessible from Perl?

(Greeti+Tha)nX
Steffen
--
Steffen Schwigon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>