On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 06:13:39PM +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> I would like to update perl-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel on EPEL 5 to the version
> that EPEL 6 has. The requirement of perl(Crypt::RC4) gets satisfied with
> this update:
>
>   https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-70c923f5af
>
> EPEL 5 has currently 0.3200-2.el5, while EPEL 6 has 0.5900-1.el6.

I didn't checked the code, but a glimpse on the changelog shows:

0.53 August 24 2009
    + Refactored Workbook API and docs.

0.50 August 18 2009
    + Refactored Worksheet interface and documentation.
      Added 04_regression.t and 05_regression.t to test above changes.

0.43 January 7 2009
    + Renamed public methods RowRange(), ColRange() and Cell() to row_range(),
      col_range() and get_cell(). Old methods are still available.

0.33 2008.09.07
    - Default format for formatted dates changed from 'm-d-yy' to 'yyyy-mm-dd'

This sounds like the API changed and thus the two versions are not compatible
and thus the package cannot be upgraded.

-- Petr

Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl