On 1/8/19 6:51 PM, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
Petr Šabata <con...@redhat.com> wrote:

Adding
BuildRequires: glibc-all-langpacks
to all the *.specs obviously fixes this issue. However, I doubt this is
right, because I think these warnings originate from some rpm-internal
scripts and not from the packages.

I suspect you're running into the glibc-langpacks-all feature:
*
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Remove_glibc-langpacks-all_from_buildroot
*
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/de...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/VRIO4YQV2B2G2DUUYNRTVYQDFCMZSZGX/#B5SEICGIAETNXPRIE6VZT2VDKXRLJWSP

The locale shouldn't be set to en_US.utf8 is glibc-langpack-en is
not present.  Where does it come from?

Judging from $LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 in my mock, it gets copied
from the "host" environment.  And indeed,
mock/py/mockbuild/util.py has two instances of:
You seem to be right on the spot.

IMHO, mock should not propagate any "host" environment variables into its chroots. It should be using a fixed set of predefined settings, instead.

|     env['LANG'] = os.environ.setdefault('LANG', 'C.UTF-8')

Adding:

| config_opts['environment']['LANG'] = 'C'

I guess, this should be 'C.UTF-8' instead of 'C'

to ~/.config/mock.cfg seems to solve that.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help with koji-builds:
c.f. e.g.
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/7946/31907946/build.log

Apparently, something sets LANG="en_US.UTF-8" in koji and mock bogusly propagates this into its chroots (Likely the servers are configured to use LANG='en_US.UTF-8')

Ralf