On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 10:11:56AM +0100, Petr Pisar wrote:
> I "fixed" perl in Rawhide yesterday (perl-libs-4:5.28.1-430.fc30) and it
> causes segfaults in some cases (especially when using Tk). I'm debugging it
> right now in the hope I will find the cause and the missing changes from
> blead. If I don't, I will revert the patch till the end of today.

The crash was caused by a patch that changed libperl.so's ABI. I reverted the
offending patch in perl-5.28.1-431.fc30. Only the following packages were
built with the broken perl:

collectd-5.8.1-2.fc30
cyrus-imapd-3.0.8-5.fc30
genders-1.22-20.fc30
nbdkit-1.9.10-1.fc30
perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-X509-1.812-1.fc30
perl-Devel-Cover-1.31-1.fc30
perl-FCGI-0.78-11.fc30
perl-5.28.1-431.fc30

I verified none of them uses the changed interface. Thus I conclude there is
no need of rebuilding them.

At any rate, an affected build should complain on missing PL_WARN_ALL or
PL_WARN_NONE symbols with the corrected perl-5.28.1-431.fc30. A fix is simply
rebuilding the package.

-- Petr