On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 05:43:14PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Dne 14.5.2014 16:38, Toshio Kuratomi napsal(a):
> > It sounds like this would just hide the issues from you.  If it's
> > nonfunctional, why not retire perl-Language-Expr instead?
>
> 1) Retiring the package would not solve the F19 to F20 update issue
> 2) The bug in Perl is supposed to be fixed in near future, however I'm
> not quite sure when

But you say it's been non-functional in Fedora 20 since before release?
If you think it'll be fixed soon, maybe a half measure would be to have the
perl package Obsolete perl-Language-Expr to get it off the user's systems
but don't retire it yet.  If you don't think that it will be fixed soon (for
instance, there's no commitment by anyone that they are working on the
issue) then it's likely you do want to retire the package on rawhide in
addition to throwing in the Obsoletes.  The package is just a re-review away
from being brought back when the problems are fixed.

We really don't want to be shipping packages that are irretrievably broken
to users.  And shipping another package that has no purpose to hide the fact
that the first package is broken to the package maintainer just doesn't seem
right.  Really the system is emailing you because as package maintainer
you're supposed to fix the software.  If you can't then we likely don't want
the software in Fedora until the issue can be resolved.  :-(

-Toshio

Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl