Hi Mike

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 18:42 +0100, Mike Elston wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have now had a chance for a first look at DateTime::Format::Gedcom
>
> I applaud the intention, and we all owe a great debt to Ron for his
> work on Perl Gedcom.
>
> But in my humble opinion, this class shows a complete
> misunderstanding both of how dates are often presented in GEDCOM
> files (and especially in files that claim to be GEDCOM but may not be
> strictly so), and of the idea of a GEDCOM date.

[snip huge analysis of date issues]

It's true that the code is quite crude in it's current handling of
dates.

It can be either continued to be worked on or abandoned. Do you think it
should be abandoned? If you think that, just say so :-).

Or perhaps should it not make any attempt to support anything other than
Gregorian dates, at least for some period of time? Is that worth doing?

I have plenty of time available to change how the code works, but only
if there is some point in doing so.

--
Ron Savage
http://savage.net.au/