On 3/25/2017 4:49 PM, Craig A. Berry wrote:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM, rwfra...@acm.org
<perlbug-follo...@perl.org> wrote:
# New Ticket Created by  rwfra...@acm.org
# Please include the string:  [perl #131057]

Recent versions of perldoc perlebcdic suggest that perl is once again a
practical proposition on EBCDIC platforms.

Some years ago I attempted to fulfil a CPAN RT request to add EBCDIC
support to Net::DNS.  This took such a long time to achieve that the
requester had by then disappeared.

The wreckage of that attempt is still present, although untested on real
hardware.  There is little point in it remaining there unless it works.

Please can you put me in touch with the owner such a beast who may be
willing to run the installation tests.

Regards

Dick Franks

Those are not the kind of beasts that I own, but I'm cc'ing the
perl-mvs list as such folks are somewhat more likely to be found there
than on p5p.

I'm willing to look at your code for obvious EBCDIC issues if you want to post it or email it to me.