On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:02:27PM +0100, Mattia Barbon wrote:
> > Code inside the BEGIN blocks has $^C set??  Or are they just not being
> > run at all?  Either of those are bugs.  But there's a third
>
> The code inside the begin blocks has $^C set ( as it should ), and they
> are being run
> ( as they should )

The code inside the BEGIN blocks has $^C set *only when compiling with
perlcc* right?  If you run the bytecompiled code the BEGIN blocks
should not have $^C set.

Lemme recompile things and try this out.

> > If you were to take:
> >
> >     BEGIN { print "foo" }
> >
> > compile it and run it, would you expect the output to be 'foo'?  Or is
> > the problem that you're getting 'foo' both during the compilation
> > *and* when its run?  As with this:
>
> I'd expect the output of the compiled program to be nothing _normally_
> ( perlcc foo.pl ),
> and "foo" _if I used the --testsuite switch when calling perlcc_
> ( perlcc --testsuite foo.pl ).
>
> And in order to not have to introduce hacks in t/TEST, I'd like
> that the compiled program resulting from
>
>     use Test::Simple tests => 12;
>
> would print nothing normally, and 1..2 _if I passed the --testsuite
> switch to perlcc_ .

Now wait a second.  Why would the compiled program print nothing
normally?  $^C should not be set.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One