On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 11:51:30AM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> Attached is a patch to make Test::More do the right thing (as I see it) in this
> case.  Previously, it called can() on the class name, which obviously doesn't
> work here.

You're right.

> I suspect something similar should be done for isa_ok().

Piers already made sure isa_ok() calls isa() directly on the object and
doesn't use UNIVERSAL::isa.  So that's all good.

> The included test fails with vanilla 0.43 and passes with the attached patch.
>
> Maybe it would be better to bless a scalar,

I've used a simplified version of your patch and also tested that isa_ok()
honors isa() overrides.  Thanks.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One