On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 09:32:10PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> Perhaps we are looking at this from the wrong direction.  Instead of
> installing bundled modules, perhaps a shell should be able to specify that
> certain dependencies are available only for testing.  That way, users
> wouldn't necessarily have to install Test::Builder and Test::Builder::Tester
> and so forth in the public directories.

I think David hit the nail right on the head.

  Given what the Test::* modules are for, I think that this is common. And
  since they're small and won't waste much in the way of resources once
  they've been installed, I personally think it's no big deal to install
  them.

Just install the things.  They're small and you only have to do it once.

A CPAN shell will automate the process so it's rather moot.  And if you're
not using a CPAN shell every module install is going to be a chore anyway.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One