In 0.48 the behavior of Test::Simple/More/Builder with regard to threads
will change.

Previously, if you were using a perl >= 5.8.0 and have ithreads compiled,
avoid the problem of a user doing this:

      use Test::More;
      use threads;

and then wondering why the test output was confused.  Test::More must know
threads are enabled when it compiles so it can share the appropriate
variables.

Unfortunately, this makes it impossible to use Test::More or any
Test::Builder derived module to explicitly test code with threads off on an
ithread enabled Perl.  I discovered this problem when I tried to test
threads::shared without threads.pm loaded.  Couldn't do it.  Had to use
Test.pm.

As the current attempt at DWIM leaves Test::Builder unable to test a certain
class of code, it must be changed.  It will be necessary to load threads.pm
before Test::More or Test::Builder if you wish to use threads in your tests.

           use threads;
           use Test::More;

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One