I want to know if there is a path, or bleadperl has this fixed, for this
bug:
http://rt.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=16234

The problem is that socket can't use the :crlf layer, at least for default,
or the protocol will crash.

For Perl-5.8.0 we only can set the layer from the ENV, put this is not a
good option, since we need to change the system sets. If you try to set the
layer by code you get an erro and Perl stay VERY slow!!! Seting from ENV
Perl take MUCH time to load!!!

To fix by code I try:

   use open (IN  => ":raw", OUT => ":raw") ;
   binmode($sock, ":raw");

But this always crash on Perl-5.8.0 Win32.

This is a big problem, since socket is a very important thing, and the only
way that I found until now to fix this is to compile Perl without PerlIO!
But PerlIO is the most important improvement of Perl-5.8.0! ;-/

Regards
Graciliano M. P.