Moin,

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 18:30, Adam Kennedy wrote:
> > Who was it who was working on the global CPAN dependency graph, to
> > figure out what module was dependent on what? Whatever became of
> > that? I think hard numbers that stand on their own merits are about
> > the only way to get new stuff into core. Let the early adopters try
> > out non-CPAN low-level modules. Then after a while, see what floats
> > to the top.

I was, but it is atm very hard to get simple things queried from the
CPANTS (or CPAN or whatever) database.

There is a package list, but it only includes author/file info, no
dependencies, license etc.

There is also CPANTS database, which includes the stuff, but is outdated
(e.g. from 2005-12-05)

I thought about writing my own stuff, but I am completely overloaded with
other work atm.

It would be cool to generated whatever graphs/stats from CPAN easily,
though. And if you have easily dependency information, you could even
easily build an auto-bundler, that throws you a .tar.gz containing the
module and every nec. dependency in one go.

best wishes,

tels

--
 Signed on Tue Apr  4 18:54:00 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "A Thaum is the basic unit of magical strength. It has been universally
 established as the amount of magic needed to create one small white
 pigeon or three normal-sized billiard balls." -- Terry Pratchett