* Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-07-05T15:28:28]
> The grant is about Test::Run, which is a fork of Test::Harness that aims to
> greatly refactor and modularise it. I've already revamped and re-written a
> lot of code for it, but there's still a lot that needs to be done.

[...]

> Some of the code in Test::Run is derived from the code of Test::Harness,
> which is GPL+[Artistic 1.0]. Thus, it should be kept this way. However, some
> code was written from scratch and due to my personal preferences, it was
> licensed under the MIT X11 Licence[1]. I prefer that all new code will be
> also MIT X11 licence, and that existing code will retain its original
> licensing terms.

[...]

> TAP::Harness is a rewrite of Test::Harness by Michael G. Schwern and others.

So, you want to have someone (other than you) work on a project that largely
seems to duplicate the functionality of existing code.  Among the existing code
whose functionality is being duplicate is code still under development.

The other project is being done with no TPF funding and will be capable of
becoming part of the core in future Perls, largely superseding the existing
test framework.

You want funding for a parallel project that will be not be license-compatible
with the core.

I don't see how this would be worth TPF's money.  It might be a very useful
project for people who use the code or for people who want to steal ideas, but
I don't see how it fills a really critical void in the language or its toolset.

--
rjbs