Michael Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >       use Test::More tests => 'defer';
> >
> > and then
> >
> >       plan past_tests => $n;
>
> What benefit would that give? plan() is nice because it provides protection
> against you test script exiting prematurely.

<stating the obvious>
The exact same benefit as doing a 'plan' at the
beginning, except this would work for scripts that don't know how many tests
they are going to run in advance. If the calculated result used in the
'plan' at the end does not match the number of tests actually run, then you
know you've got a problem with your test code.
</stating the obvious>

I think that'd be a nice feature to have.

        - Tyler