Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

I've found some tuits to spend on CPANTS, so I changed the whole author
rating thing (aka the CPANTS game).

I've split the metrics into core metircs and optional ones. At the
moment, the only optional metric is 'is_prereq'.

I've also changed the kwalitee rating from absolut to relative (i.e.
percentages).

If a dist satisfies all core metrics, it gets 100% kwalitee. If it
satisfies all core and optional metrics, it gets more then 100%
kwalitee.

For the author rankigns, I'm not counting the optional metrics. So now
you won't loose rank if you publish a new ('perfect') dist because
nobody is using it...

As much as I enjoy the heady rush of being ranked number one among a select group of leet Perl hackers, I must say that I have to cast a vote in favour of the previous method of scoring. Somehow the new way seems less fun. Or put the old scores in a third column.

I think the enjoyment of getting that last extra point for 18 Kwalitee far outweighs the anguish due to the decline in mean Kwalitee when releasing a new module. After all, this decrease tends towards zero as the number of your released modules increases towards infinity!

And thanks for all the hard work you've put into this,
David

--
Much of the propaganda that passes for news in our own society is given to immobilising and pacifying people and diverting them from the idea that they can confront power. -- John Pilger