On 11/6/06, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
And realistically, Ken, Adam and I (maintainers of the major install tools)
really control most of the META.yml generation anyway.  If we don't upgrade,
you don't upgrade.

Well, that's not entirely true for things like "no_index" or various
"resources" keywords.  I think only Module::Install offers no_index
and I don't know that any tool supports the new "resources" keywords.
Within Module::Build, you have to use "meta_add" and/or "meta_merge".
Both of those make it very easy for users to create non-standard
META.yml entries, even if they don't hand-roll a META.yml.

Checking against the spec is a good Kwalitee metric to catch the cases
where users have departed from the Spec.    (e.g. no lowercase
"resources" keywords except those given in the spec as approved.)

David