Michael G Schwern wrote:
> Sam Vilain wrote:
>
>> Try this (after installing cogito):
>>
>>   cg-clone git://git.catalyst.net.nz/perl.git#restorical
>>   git-log -p t/TEST
>>

> Thanks, but that only gets me up to August of 1996.  Where's the rest?

Ah right, I assumed you'd just be interested in the pre-perforce stuff -
that above download is about about 6-7MB, whereas the rest is over 100.
Note I am yet to import the 5.003_07 -> 5.003_99? series and graft it
underneath good old Change 17.  And the commit timestamps are all wrong.

If you grab the "p4-perl" branch, that's pretty much (sans importing
bugs) blead;

    cg-branch-add p4-perl git://git.catalyst.net.nz/perl.git#p4-perl
    cg-fetch p4-perl
    cg-switch p4-perl
    git-log -p t/TEST

You can see the complete list of heads at:

   http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb2?p=perl.git;a=heads

You can add them all as branches with that cg-branch-add command then
suck them all down with a big cg-fetch command.  Another option is to
just grab the lot with "git-clone".

Actually if you've got the lot, then this will crank up the graphical
history browser showing just commits that changed that file:

   gitk --all t/TEST

Which is probably going to be more fun than wading through pages like this:

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb2?p=perl.git;a=history;f=t/TEST;h=p4-perl;hb=p4-perl

Sam.