On Thursday 03 January 2008 11.50.03 Andy Armstrong wrote:
> > Cabie seems to be as good, if not better (psst, it's written in Perl).
> Does that make it better? :)

RTFM! In the feature list the authors writes "* It's really cool!". Since cool
is better than good, I assume it is ;)

The "written in Perl" did not refer to the "better". I would prefer something
that I can modify without having to swear too much about forgotten ':'s
and '\t's.

On Thursday 03 January 2008 18.52.11 Matisse Enzer wrote:
> Can you explain your comparison in more detail? I could not find any
> documentation for CABIE and so it's hard for me to compare.
I did a quick comparison on the feature list no more. I've been following
cabie for a while now without using it. last time, I was out voted by my own
development team and we used cruise control instead. We have a project
starting in a few weeks maybe this time I can use cabie (or buildbot)

> One of the things that is attractive to me about BuildBot is that it
> makes it fairly easy to create many builders on different platforms
> that all report back to a central buildmaster, but maybe CABIE does
> this also?

I believe so.

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/CabieBuildSystem.html

I did send a mail to cabie author asking if he had made a comparison between
cabie and other systems. I also invited him to join us on this mailing list.
I'll forward his answer if he does answer me.

Cheers, Nadim