The First International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation is happening in Lillehammer, Norway April 9 - 11. The conference proper is April 10th and 11th, just after Go Open and the Oslo QA Hackathon.

I think this is a good chance for Perl QA to crash the IEEE and get Perl talking to the rest of the software industry. I'm sure we could show them a thing or two and vice-versa.

The cost of the conference is $1000, a bit much for a lark. I don't know how much of a hallway track they will have, I don't think an IEEE conference will be quite as free-wheeling as OSCON. So I would like to try to convince them to give us complementary passes on the weight of our broad QA experience and "hey, we just flew in from all around the world". The more of us intending to go the better chance we have.

So please announce your intention on the wiki:
http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Oslo_QA_Hackathon_2008_:_Travel#IEEE_Testing_Conference_in_Lillehammer

--
'All anyone gets in a mirror is themselves,' she said. 'But what you
gets in a good gumbo is everything.'