Dave Rolsky wrote:
There's a lot of value in following the existing best practices of the Perl community as a whole. For one thing, it means you can hire people with "Perl experience" and they can bring that experience to bear on your application.

If you insist on reinventing every wheel, you've basically created your own in-house Perl-like dialect. It _looks_ sorta like Perl, but it's not Perl.

I agree. My last full time corporate job in particular they did almost everything in-house duplicating a lot of CPAN functionality. Their code was often well done, but it meant all my years of Perl and CPAN experience were dampened because I had to learn their way of doing everything. Including, ironically, testing.

--
Hating the web since 1994.