A few logistical items that I'd like to make sure are being taken care of for the hackathon. The idea is to work this out now to maximize our in-site hacking time.

I don't know what the status of this is, but here's what I can think of off the top of my head.

*) Access for wirelessless laptops?

Somebody always shows up from 1996 with a laptop that doesn't have wireless. Either a wired hub is made available or USB wireless widgets.

* If your laptop doesn't have wireless, please fix that. Almost everything can talk to USB wireless. If for some reason you absolutely cannot go wireless, please bring some long cables and a hub.

* If you have a spare USB wireless thing, please bring it.

*) Hackathon repository?

Well-established projects have their own repos, but it's always handy to have a repository for any new projects started at the hackathon and for everyone to already have access.

* Do we have one?  Andy, can we use hex-ten?
* A checkin notify list should also be ready.

*) Whiteboards, markers & erasers.

Lots of whiteboards for taking notes. At least one whiteboard just for projects being worked on, the "grid" at BarCamps is an example.

*) Index cards & pens

Both for taking notes and for anyone wanting to do XP.

*) Wiki

We have the perl-qa wiki.

* Please resolve any issues you have with accessing/editing it now.

*) Mailing list

We'll just the perl-qa list.

*) Real-time comms.

We have #perl-qa on irc.perl.org. It might make sense to have a twitter account for broadcasts and cell phone messaging.

*) Caffeine and snacks

"Snacks" covering both the junk food and non-junk food kind. The latter being anything not covered in sugar and salt. :) Worse comes to worse, some sort of trail mix that's not covered in sugar and salt.

*) Food plans

A short list of convenient places to order food from. Also easy to get to places that can accommodate all of us. They must deal with varied dietary requirements (veggie, no-dairy?, no-wheat?, kosher? etc...). Have at least pizza and chinese as everyone knows how to deal with that.

This way we can just make food appear without having to spend time on what everyone wants and needs.

* Please list your dietary requirements/preferences here.
http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Oslo_QA_Hackathon_2008_:_Food#Dietary_requirements

* Locals, please list places to get food from here:
http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Oslo_QA_Hackathon_2008_:_Food#Places_To_Get_Food

*) Water & juice

For drinking something that's not brown and fizzy or brown and foamy.

*) Boiling hot water

A personal request, for tea.

--
I have a date with some giant cartoon robots and booze.