On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Paul Fenwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think a good solution is to add a new category called "honours".  It is an
> honour to have your module packaged by Debian, included in the ActiveState
> distro, or to be used by another CPAN module.  For honours, we only mention
> what honours a module has received, not what it hasn't.  For example, an
> honours list may read:
>
>        * Packaged by Debian.
>        * Included with ActiveState Perl 5.8.8
>        * Given a 5 star review on cpanratings
>
> The important thing is that the list doesn't mention all the honours that
> haven't been received (packaged by RedHat, sent to the moon, included as a
> dual-life core module etc).  Honours don't contribute to the kwalitee score.
>
> The end result is authors feel good about their honours page (it doesn't
> show at all if there are no honours), the kwalitee metrics continue to
> measure things an author can reasonably fix, and end-developers using CPANTS
> for research won't be turned off by a large number of red 'optional metrics'
> from an otherwise excellent module.

Sounds like a good idea!

We were also thinking with Thomas on how to mark the other 3 debian
related metrics to be dependent on the "packaged_by_debian" metric.
After all if the module is not packaged by debian then the other 3
have no meaning.

So if a module is packaged by debian it will get it
"packaged_by_debian" "honour"
metric turned on. Then she will also see 3 new metrics where she has
partial control.
e.g. she can fetch the patch include it in the official distribution
on CPAN and notify the
Debian maintainers to upgrade.

Gabor

--