I'd like to start to upload experimental Perl 6 modules to CPAN and
make it easy for anyone to install.

I think the only issue I have right now is that I don't know how to
force "make test"
to use Rakudo for running the test suit.

For now I'll expect the user to have $ENV{PARROT_DIR} point to the checked
out version of parrot trunk.

With prove I can say

prove --exec "$ENV{PARROT_DIR}/parrot
$ENV{PARROT_DIR}/languages/rakudo/perl6.pbc" t/01.t

and it will run

$ENV{PARROT_DIR}/parrot $ENV{PARROT_DIR}/languages/rakudo/perl6.pbc t/01.t

how can I achieve the same thing with "make test" or "Build test" ?

I found an environment variable in Test::Harness called HARNESS_PERL.
if I set it to "$ENV{PARROT_DIR}/parrot
$ENV{PARROT_DIR}/languages/rakudo/perl6.pbc"
before I call "make test" it then runs

$ENV{PARROT_DIR}/parrot $ENV{PARROT_DIR}/languages/rakudo/perl6.pbc -w t/01.t

that is almost right but it adds a -w option that rakudo does not like.

So the first question would be how to get rid of that -w ?

The second question how can I in Makefile.PL or Build.PL set this up?

Once this is done we can start uploading and installing Perl 6 code
from our already existing
tools. The user will only need to set PERL6LIB to the correct path.

regards
   Gabor