On 23/08/2011 00:07, Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 wrote:
We left the last hackathon with both London and Paris offering to host the
next one. For once, let's hash out some details early and not procrastinate
until the lack of remaining time causes stress.
As always thanks to Lars for kick-starting this to the list :)
MDK said it would be a good idea to avoid the Olympics and therefore host in
Paris, with the London people also sitting in with the organisation sessions
in preparation of the following year. Sounds good?
I know the Olympics is later in the year, I just don't want to be drowned amongst the noise, I think we have a chance to gather more attention by hosting it in the year afterwards. Also I have a feeling that the hotels in London will up their prices for the entire year to make the most of the big event (which is what happened in other cities, local industry/enterprise was able to extend the attraction period and more visitors came before/after to see the Olympic city and locations).
To the usual suspects on this list, especially the ones who could not attend
the last times: when do you have time around April? (Traditionally, the QA
hackathon is from Saturday to Monday and avoids Easter.)
At this moment I am free in that period and as always willing to help organise/promote. As soon as BooK/Andy agree I will start the announcement process. I am hoping this year to make more contacts with the other OS languages and promote the QA to them as well.

Looking forward to working with you all on list/irc channel. Once we decide venue/organising team we should restart the weekly 15-minute irc meetings as last/this year they helped galvanise efforts and keep us all informed.

-mdk