I'm in Prague all week, so I've been able to read, but not really participate.

Echo chamber alert: I've often seen long discussions on this list ignore the
"real world" (though often for good reason). In this case, it sounds like
there's a consideration of removing a feature from TAP. IMHO this is a bad idea
which should be opened up to the community at large.

Moving along, the *idea* of a nested TAP is so conceptually simple that if the
implementing code is struggling with it, perhaps it's a sign that there are
some design decisions which should be revisited? When I find conceptually
simple ideas hard to do, I find it a code smell. (note that I'm not saying the
actual design is bad. I haven't looked). I also find subtests so incredibly
convenient and opens up so many possibilities that I would hate to lose them
(and I use them a lot).

Cheers,
Ovid
--