On 2011.11.3 8:44 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> When doing delegation I have a documentation dilemma: do the API docs go in
> the delegator or the delegate?

To answer my own question, I've decided to do the best of both worlds.

I will document each object's native methods in it's own .pm file, which is
easiest to maintain.

Then a tool will extract the relevant bits of EventCoordinator's (the
delegate) docs and insert them into TestState's (the delegator) docs.  The
result will be written as TestState.pod which `perldoc
Test::Builder2::TestState` will display before it goes looking in TestState.pm.

I know Pod::Weaver and Pod::Elemental can do this sort of thing, but their
docs are pretty sparse.  Someone want to tackle it?
https://github.com/schwern/test-more/issues/172

--
You are wicked and wrong to have broken inside and peeked at the
implementation and then relied upon it.