On 2011.11.14 12:41 AM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> I'm more annoyed with the version number being part of the name.
> Even if I can understand the reason why (CPAN only knows one way to
> upgrade: up).

I used to be with you there.

I've since found it's a remarkably simple and foolproof way to indicate an API
split.  The name, code and docs are neatly delineated.  It works with all
existing CPAN tools.  Both API versions can exist in harmony.  The name change
tells the user this is not their father's Kansas.

Besides, "tee bee two" rolls off the mouth nicely and TB:: is a bit too short.

--
I have a date with some giant cartoon robots and booze.