On 2012.2.7 6:29 PM, Jeffrey Thalhammer wrote:
> I'm working with a group of Perl developers with various backgrounds and
> skill levels.
> We have instituted a fairly effective code inspection process, but we still
> get
> bogged down in debates over what "good code" is.   Unfortunately, the
developers work
> in isolated silos and spend the vast majority of the time looking only at
their own code.
> So they rarely have an opportunity to see what good (or just better) code
might actually
> look like.

If the silos are eliminated and people have to cooperate and work with each
other, you'll find that the discussions about what is "good code" become far
more practical and people's attitudes become less provincial.

> So in your opinion, which distribution on the CPAN best demonstrates these
> qualities?
> Or do you think there are other more important qualities that I should be
looking for?
> I realize there is more than one way to do it, so I don't really expect to
find the
> "best" code.  I just want something I can hold up as strong example that
> people
> (including myself) can learn from and aspire to.

At the risk of sounding immodest, with the exception of failing to use other
CPAN modules, because it can't, Test-Simple 1.5 matches your criterion pretty
well.
http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-1.005000_002/

--
91. I am not authorized to initiate Jihad.
    -- The 213 Things Skippy Is No Longer Allowed To Do In The U.S. Army