On 2012.4.11 11:43 AM, Eirik Berg Hanssen wrote:
>   If this fails, the test script will terminate immediately:
>
> * I won't get to know if any of the other modules loaded correctly, or how
> they fail.  Less of the interesting output.
> * And there will be no BAIL_OUT, so the rest of the tests will run, burying
> the interesting output.  More uninteresting output.

Like I said, if use_ok() is working for you keep using it.  Your example where
you want to load a bunch of modules just to make sure they compile is one of
those cases where use_ok() is probably the right thing.

>     > * Why would you? :-\
>
>     Because it reads like normal Perl and doesn't rely on more code to do
>     something rather simple: load a module.
>
>   But it fails to DWIW: report clearly on failures.  Perhaps what it is doing
> is not so simple, after all?

Personally I'm a fan of "scroll up and read the first failure".  It always
works!

--
7. Not allowed to add "In accordance with the prophesy" to the end of
   answers I give to a question an officer asks me.