* Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com> [2012-04-11 23:15]:
> On 04/11/2012 04:45 PM, Andy Lester wrote:
> >test_requires is Module::Build only, right? I don't use
> >Module::Build.
>
> No, I'm pretty sure it works with Module::Install and
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker now too. Although that might just be something
> that was worked on at the qa-hackathon.

If the issue is really the extra download (for whatever reason that
isn’t obvious to me), Andy can also just copy it into t/lib. It’s one
dozen-line pure-perl file that isn’t likely to ever change, so…

Might as well have it on CPAN instead of pasting a recipe into the
Test::More docs and then having everyone paste that into their test
scripts in turn.

> >Even if I did, I don't think I'd require the user to go through
> >a download and temporary build of AutoBailout.pm just to remove
> >boilerplate.
>
> That's definitely a reasonable position to take.

Sure. Same can be said of many Test modules. Test::Exception or just
make do with just an `eval` and some logic and a few extra tests?
Test::Deep or just stick with the worse output of `is_deeply` when it
suffices? Etc. Every author can make each of these choices whichever way
they like, and so can Andy. Likewise with AutoBailout. The stop energy
he is throwing at it has no substantive reason so far, only “I don’t
care for this”.

Regards,