On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 22:41, Mark Murawski <markm-li...@intellasoft.net>
wrote:

> On 7/27/22 13:20, demerphq wrote:
>
> Spectacular.  I'll be reviewing and making changes that you're suggesting
> and this helps my understanding for sure.

I was a bit off my game yesterday. I should have told you to make liberal
use of sv_dump() when you are debugging. That will help you visualize what
is going on. It's the XS equivalent to the Dump function from Devel::Peek
(or more accurately it is what the Dump functions uses under the hood).

You can pass any SV like structure (Eg, HV, AV, etc) into it with casting
and it will dump out all the useful details, including refcounts.

Good luck!

cheers,
Yves