Hi,

I am writing a perl script (environment.pl) which sets several environment variables which have to be applied to the current shell process.

I have set the values in the perl script using $ENV{'var1'} = "aaa" syntax. This would set the environment variables for the perl script process and the child process. But I want the environment variables to be accessible from the shell which invoked the perl script ( i.e. $./environment.pl).

In csh based scripts, I can use the 'source' keyword, or in 'sh' based scripts, I can use the '.' symbol. But what would be the equivalent in Perl ?

Please help. I have chosen to use Perl scripting language instead of Shell scripting as the script has to be shell type independant.

Thanks & Regards, Gaurav Arora, Texas Instruments, India.