On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:31:16 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> As you - the trainers - encounter such people quite often I wonder what do
> you currently use during training? What do you recommend to your students?

People who are already using something will use that same thing come hell
or high water :-)  I like vim on Windows and emacs on *nix for the syntax
highlighting and suggest either of them, but I cannot afford to take time
in a class showing people how to use a tool as opposed to learning the
language.  I need the shortest path to getting them editing a program, and
that's usually what they're already using.  Notepad if necessary.

I'm referring to hands-on classes of course.  Lecturing is different.

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perlmedic.com/